Saturday, August 13, 2011

Running to Stand Still: Die Verwandlung

Because everything is better in German.

Moving forward with the story:

I don't remember exactly when I realized that my cholesterol was sky high and that it was time to lose some weight but I know it wasn't in June because that's when this picture was taken (click to enlarge...stop snickering):


I do know that by September I had already lost some weight and continued to lose steadily through the next year. It looked something like this:


I don't want to talk about the hair.

By the end of the first year I was at a weight that seemed right for me and I bought myself this spendy dress:


I have no explanation for what is going on with Rick's suit here. None.

The weight loss held. It held through the next year which included a pregnancy, a home remodel, my grandfather's death and many, many birthday cakes. Held so well that this is me a few weeks after delivering my third child:

Go ahead. Hate me. I would. But first, scroll back up and look at the before photos one more time. Or better yet:


So, yeah. Don't hate too much.

Oh. And wait one sec.


I just want to prove that my hair did eventually redeem itself.

Next time: Run, Zelda, Run! Or, Entschlossenheit und widerstandsfähigkeit.




No comments:

Post a Comment